Updated: Sep 18, 2020
I have to admit this has been a long road creating Savvy Derm Diva and, I am not going to lie, quite the bumpy one. When you have a vision and are set in your ways, it is hard to adapt and change. I have learned about who I am over this past year and want to share my experience with you so you can shine bright like a diamond (I am still in the coal stage, btw).
My name is Renata M. Block, I have always disliked my name until I was mature enough to absolutely love it. I am proud of who I am, what I have become and learning when and where to put people in their place. You see, I am actually a very sweet person and it takes a TON to make me angry.
Strange that I historically have blamed myself for EVERYTHING, even things that happen to you. WTF? Seriously? However, I am getting better and learning that I am not to blame for things that happened to you. Now I am known as an empath and therefore, I am in the right profession!
I grew up in a small town 60 miles Northwest of Chicago as a 100% tomboy but a very European one. I am now a Diva and love all the glitter, pink, unicorn shit, but grew up fishing, playing in the mud and climbing trees. Ironically, I have never broken a bone but did get a skull fracture in a horrific accident when I was 21. Cannot believe I am alive, really. Now, I live in Chicago as I feel this is my true home but I still have a country heart.
There were many trials and even more errors in getting to this point in my career. So many times I wanted to just throw in the towel, but I was too stubborn for that. My husband, Bob, which all of you will get to know, has been my confidant, inspiration and my rock. Honestly, I wouldn’t be living my dream as I am now if it were not for him.
So, let’s get this show started, shall we? But first, a few more things about me:
10 Facts about Savvy Derm Diva:
It took me three applications to get into PA school.
- I am stubborn and I always persevere.
- I love everything, everyone and sometimes it gets me in trouble.
- I love vintage everything. I am an old soul and appreciate what has been.
- I would save every animal in the world if I could.
- I love to share all my knowledge about EVERYTHING! Which also gets me into trouble.
- I love chihuahuas and would love to have a room in PAWS Chicago named ChiTown.
- I love European vacations and Paris is my favorite city next to Chicago.
- I am very detailed oriented to the point of driving myself crazy.
- I love champagne. Every day is a celebration!
Now, it’s your turn! Let’s all Be Skin Savvy!